Grassroots Insurance Associates | 2511 NE 99th Place | Ankeny, IA 50021
Mark and Deidre Smith have a lifetime in the Registered Cattle business and with 15 years as a representative of American Live Stock they bring a wealth of experience and service to the Midwestern cattle business. As a professional consultant and past president of the North American Limousin Foundation, Mark has the cattle experience you need to protect your risk and investment. If you have questions and need a down to earth answer, call Grassroots Insurance.
Mark and Deidre Smith |
515-965-1458 Cell phone 515-229-5227 |
Important Insurance Information
- Livestock mortality insurance is written for the purpose of protecting the actual investment of the livestock owner, not potential gain or profit.
- A mortality policy cannot be construed in any way as maintenance coverage; it does not include veterinarian or similar expenses.
- Indemnity is payable only as a result of death loss.
- Mortality coverage does not indemnify an insured against loss of an animal's ability to perform the functions for which it is kept.
- Death from natural or accidental causes is included but mandatory slaughter by governmental authority or decree, or for expediency is not included.
- The basis for valuing an animal should be actual sales price or fair and conservative appraisal by competent judges when no actual sales transaction has taken place. These values shall be subject to acceptance by Company.
- Mortality insurance is renewable only on evidence of reinsurability, both as to physical condition and market value.
- Cancellation may only be effected by the insured, or by the company on notice given in conformation with whatever existing laws govern for the address of the insured as shown on policy. Short rate basis if ordered by insured and pro rata basis if by the company.
- Policies may not be transferred from one insured to another unless agreed to through endorsement by company nor may cover be switched from one animal to another unless agreed to by company.
- Application subject to acceptance by company
Featuring the products of American Live Stock, "A Division of Markel Service, Inc"
2000 S. Batavia Avenue • Suite 500
Geneva, Illinois 60134
Phone 630-232-2100 • Fax 847-572-6362
Claims or Possible ClaimsCall immediately if you think you have a claim or possible claim (800)362-7535 or (800)446-7925
Have a veterinarian document the animal's cause of death and identification
Cattle Rates $100 Policy Minimum
|1 Month Term||2.4%|
|3 Month Term||3.6%|
|6 Month Term||4.0%|
|1 Year Term||6.0%|
Group Rate(Six head or More) ... 5.0%
Age Exceptions Total Premium
Young Calves, 2 wks to 7 wks___ 10%. 7 wks to 3 Months ___ 8%.
Cows over 8 ___ 7%, 9 years Old ___ 8%
Bulls 7 years ___ 7% 8 years ___ 8%